Export market development work in LATAM in 2022
05 Sep 2022
The student recruitment environment in Latin America (LATAM) has evolved to include online reach and influence activities, however live, in-person events are still preferred to convert interest to enrolments.
Austrade’s Study Australia Experience online marketing and events platform, available in Spanish and Portuguese, will soon be closing expressions of interest. The platform’s second campaign period will run from September 2022 to June 2023 with virtual student fairs, events and integrated marketing campaigns to promote the Australian brand and prioritise Australia as a study destination.
Complementing the platform is a wide range of in-person activities:
- Study Australia pavilions at BMI student recruitment fairs in several cities in Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Mexico during September and October 2022
- Fairs and roadshows with country-specific scholarship and funding bodies
- Embassy education networking events with local stakeholders, institutions, departing students and with Study Australia Experience hot leads invited
- Selected local partner events, such as Australian focused agent recruitment and LATAM university events
The BMI fairs will feature Australia as the ‘country of honour’ with a dedicated pavilion, marketing and an event at each student fair. For more information on participation, contact Luke Grover, Regional Manager, BMI.
The Austrade team have widened the scholarship and funding programs that we proactively support, with activities planned to increase Australia’s market share of outbound students:
- Mexico – FIDERH and FUNED, with support for Guatefuturo and HonduFuturo
- Colombia – COLFUTURO
- Peru – PRONABEC and BCP bank loans
- Chile – Becas Chile
- Paraguay – BECAL
In in Peru, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Mexico, Australian institution in-market representatives, agents, scholarship/funding bodies and local universities will participate in embassy education events. Timed for pre-semester, the event will farewell departing students to Australia and invite hot leads from the Study Australia Experience platform.
To find out more, please contact Scott Bennett Austrade, Chile.