The Government of India has declared that there will be one day of state mourning on September 11, 2022, throughout the country.
Current Affairs in Short
Volker Turk from Austria has been appointed as the next UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Austria’s Volker Turk has been appointed as the next United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights.
- The approval for the latest appointment came from the Secretary-General of United Nations Antonio Guterres after the approval by the General Assembly.
- The new High Commissioner of UN Human Rights is currently coordinating the global policy work as an under-Secretary-General in the UN’s Executive Office.
- Previously, Turk was the Assistant High Commissioner for the Protection at UN Refugees, UNHCR, in Geneva where he played a key role in the development of the landmark Global Compact on Refugees.
Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan launched
- The President of India Draupadi Murmu virtually launched the Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat Abhiyan to reinvigorate the mission of TB elimination from the country by 2025.
- During the event, the President of India also launched the Ni-kshay 2.0 initiative. It is a portal to provide a platform for donors to provide various forms of support to those undergoing TB treatment.
- She also said that under the world’s biggest Ayushman Yojana, the wellness centers have been specially geared to work towards the elimination of TB.
- While emphasizing on the commitment of New India to fight against TB, the President of India said that country’s response to COVID-19 is a testimony to India’s seriousness in the matter.
Government of India declares 1-day State mourning on September 11 in respect of Queen Elizabeth II
- The Government of India has declared that there will be one day of state mourning on September 11, 2022, throughout the country.
- It will be done as a mark of respect to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II who passed away at the age of 96 on September 8, 2022.
- On the day of the mourning, the National Flag of India will be flown at half-mast through India on all the buildings where the flag is flown regularly. There will also be no official entertainment on the day.
Prime Minister Modi to inaugurate 2-day Centre-State Science Conclave on September 10
- Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi on September 10, 2022, will inaugurate the two-day centre state science conclave via video conferencing.
- The conclave is being organised at Science City, Ahmedabad and Prime Minister Modi will also address the gathering on the occasion.
- The conclave is in line with PM’s relentless efforts to facilitate innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.
- The conclave will include sessions on different thematic areas including Clean Energy for all, Digital Health Care, and Technological Inventions to improve farmers’ income.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐप